Who we are
This website is called The Expat Traveller and it is owned by Abledragon Marketing Limited. Abledragon Marketing Limited is registered in Hong Kong (registration number 58128305-000-03-12-1) and trades as ‘Abledragon’. The website address for The Expat Traveller is: https://expattraveller.com.
The personal data we collect and why we collect it
On The Expat Traveller websites we may collect two (2) types of data about website visitors:
- Active data (such as name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) when voluntarily submitted by visitors for registration, newsletter signup, etc.
- Passive data (such as browser type, IP address, page reference, date and time of visit, etc.)
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our websites.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may use Google Analytics on our website. Google Analytics is a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage
Who we share your data with
We do not share personally identifiable data collected at our sites with third parties except for the limited instances set out below. The exceptions are:
- We may transfer your personal data to our partner agencies (for example, email service providers, companies providing automation of administrative tasks such as regular backups) who assist us in administering the site(s). If you leave a comment, submit personal information via a contact form, or otherwise exchange personal details with us, it is possible that we may use these services to manage that data. They can only use the data for the purposes of maintaining our site(s) or service(s). These partner agencies are bound by a contractual agreement to keep your data private and secure.
- We may also disclose personal data if we are required to do so by law or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights of The Expat Traveller and Abledragon Marketing Limited, its customers and the public.
- In the event of an acquisition of all or part of The Expat Traveller or Abledragon Marketing Limited by another company, or in the event that Abledragon Marketing Limited were to sell or dispose of all or a part of the Abledragon Marketing Limited business, including The Expat Traveller, the acquirer would have access to the data maintained by that Abledragon Marketing Limited business, which could include personal data, subject to applicable law. Similarly, data may be transferred as part of a reorganization (Business merging) or insolvency proceedings.
- We may disclose data to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with use of our websites (for example if a website is hacked)
- We may disclose data to protect Abledragon Marketing Limited against legal liability
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To view your data, retrieve a copy or ask us to delete it please contact us by email at this address: email@example.com
The Website Server
The server that makes this website available may be located outside the country from which you accessed this website. We will collect, process and use personal data only in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We believe that it is highly important to protect the privacy of children online and encourage parents or guardians to spend time online with their children to participate and monitor their e-activities.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child or children has/have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will securely remove that information from our servers.
How we protect your data
Your personal data are kept secure, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is ever 100% secure. Only authorized Abledragon Marketing Limited staff, affiliated companies staff, third party agents or our business partners (who have agreed to keep the data secure) have access to your personal data.
Privacy Notice Updates
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this Privacy Notice. It is the responsibility of visitors to this website to refer to this page from time to time to review any subsequent amendments.
By browsing The Expat Traveller and other Abledragon Marketing Limited owned websites, communicating electronically with us and submitting your personal data to The Expat Traveller and Abledragon Marketing owned websites, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way and to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. You agree to submit any dispute arising out of your use of this website to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
3rd January, 2020